We anticipate that more tools and documentation will be added to these pages in the future, but in the meantime
please enjoy what is here and feel free to contribute!
- Relational Database Search Tool: Search the relational database to find discharges of interest. See the IPRED Introduction Page for more details
- JET IDL Display Tool,
JETDSP, Now Available for Profile Database. See also
the JETDSP manual
- Access to the Profile Database via MDSplus .
- Sample IDL code gs2get.pro to extract the key parameters for the gyrokinetic
microstability code gs2.
- KINEZERO: code for electrostatic microstability with s-alpha equilibrium model. Includes source code and routines to extract iinformation from the profile database (from Clarisse Bourdelle) .
Some Useful Contributed Software
Various Ufile read/write software:
Various software to read/write MDSplus trees:
- Stan Kaye's FORTRAN and IDL routines to write UFILES from TRANSP could be useful for data providers.
- Malcolm Walters FORTRAN routines to read and write more recent and more flexible 0D UFILES
(also useful for data providers.)
- Simple IDL Example reading a few database items into an IDL program
- IDL procedure to read all profile database data from a given discharge into IDL structures (originally from Martin Greenwald)
- Fortran Example reading a few database items into a Fortran program, with the makefile to compile with the Absoft f77 compiler (originally from David Mikkelsen)
- MATLAB Example reading a few database items into a MATLAB program (from Frederic Imbeaux)
- IDL example to write an MDSplus tree on the tokamak-profiledb.ccfe.ac.uk MDSplus server (Malcolm Walters)
- TCL script to generate profile database model tree files (Josh Stillerman):
- MDSplus read/write examples in f77, f90, IDL hopefully coming soon ....